Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4G
In app permissions for both Google and Chrome disable the microphone and Google Assistant will no longer come up.
1. To get to the service menu type this code in your dialer:
This way you can check if you can unlock your bootloader, it is 50/50 chance, it depends on the production batch.
If a bootloader is allowed to be unlocked you can install custom ROM, if not you will not be able to proceed any step further
2. find the right device on CM website http://get.cm/
3. download the right build image (stable or nightly) and corresponding recovery image
4. download Open Google Apps from here http://opengapps.org/?api=5.0&variant=nano
As you can see I would go for NANO build which is below 100MB in size
5. unlock bootloader: http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
6. PLEASE NOTE: you will need ADB and FASTBOOT applications and correct Sony drivers to be able to flash recovery image once the bootloader is unlocked
PLEASE NOTE that ADB and FASTBOOT uses different drivers to access the device
device is accessible using ADB when it is in normal mode
device is accessible using FASTBOOT only from recovery mode
fastboot flash boot boot.img
7. follow the instructions from an email they are going to send you
adb reboot bootloader - this is effective way to get to recovery mode for fastboot
fastboot -i 0x0xxx oem unlock 0xDxxxxxxxxxxxxx
8. flash custom ROM
adb sideload cm-12.1-date-STABLE-devicecodename.zip (from this moment you will not be able to access service menu anymore as it is not included in custom ROM)
9. install Google Apps
adb sideload open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-2016xxxx.zip
10. go trough initial device setup, sign up to Google Play
11. enable Root access within Developers option -> Root access for Apps and ADB
12. install TWRP ROM manager
13. flash TWRP recovery image
You definitely want to read this: https://twrp.me/devices/sonyxperiaz3tabetcompact.html as you will be presented with a question that your have to check prior flashing recovery image, you risk bricking the device so double check.
14. once custom TWRP image is flashed you can boot to it and perform a first backup
This is the list of Android phones that support this feature:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Google Nexus 4-7
Motorola Droid Maxx
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 928
Nokia Lumia 929
Nokia Lumia 930
Nokia Lumia 1020
Nokia Lumia 1520
We expect future furniture to have this build in so you can charge things just by putting them on the table or drawer. IKEA has announced it.
Mocreo has some nice and cheap wireless chargers.
If you experience problems with your GPS not working properly (it is terribly inaccurate) please boot up your phone to a bootloader and run these two commands:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
Error mounting /data!
adb reboot bootloader
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
If you can please follow THIS article.
Unfortunately wireless client isolation does not equal an isolated network.
It isolates wireless clients only, but not the access to servers on LAN.
In this case you have to setup separate VLANs for guest networks.
Facebook just bought WhatsApp and it stopped working today, millions of people are affected.
Perhaps they were just implementing their spying modules into it.
Most likely this is it, go to Messages -> View Saved Messages
Your unread message should be there.
I could not install CM on my Motorola, because I was attempting to install the wrong thing.
Basically Motorola Moto G has a codename “falcon” (XT1031, XT1032, XT1033 and XT1034)
But my Motorola Moto G 4G has a codename “peregrine” (XT1039, XT1040 and XT1045)
Unfortunately 7 billions of these little devices are affected same as other computer systems.
More about it HERE